Mung bean or monggo/mungo bean is widely used recipe in Southeast Asia. This is usually prepared by boiling the mung beans until soften. The mung beans recipe can be made to a popular bread filling or main cuisine.
The mung bean soup recipe in this page is combined with unripe jackfruit, onion, garlic, ginger and green chili, which make it a unique taste to food lovers of mung beans.
Mung Bean Soup Ingredients:
- 1 cup mung beans
- 500 grams unripe jackfruit
- 250 grams pork meat (optional)
- 1 thumb size ginger (sliced)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium size onion (sliced)
- 2 large green chili pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1.5 liter of water
- salt and ground pepper (According to your taste preference. You can also use stock cubes to taste better).
Mung Bean Soup Cooking Procedures.
1. Clean the mung bean thoroughly. Boiled it in a 1 liter of water for 20 minutes or until soften. Set aside.
2. Heat the casserole and add the cooking oil.
3. Saute the garlic, onion, ginger and pork meat. Cover until meat is tender.
4. Add the mung beans, water and jackfruit. Bring to boiled until jackfruit is cooked.
5. Add salt & ground pepper (or stock cubes). Add the green chili pepper and simmer for 1 minute.
For more details, please see the Mung Bean Soup with Unripe Jackfruit cooking video below:
You might also like:
Mung Bean Soup with Tuna Fish | Misua (Mee Sua) | Moringa Soup | Chicken & Pork Pochero | Arroz Caldo | Pork Ribs Soup | Chicken Wonton Soup | Macaroni Soup with Broccoli | Chicken Tinola | Tofu Miso Soup | Instant Chicken Noodles