Misua (Mee Sua) is a noodle recipe that originated from China. The misua soup is a known recipe in Southeast Asia, served on special occasion like birthday which denotes long life.
This version of misua recipe is added with two main ingredients: the bottle gourd and ground pork. It is also best to serve this misua with boiled egg.
- 90 grams mee sua noodles
- 250 grams bottle gourd- sliced (OR winter melon)
- 200 grams ground pork
- 3 stems of green onions (cut in 1 inch)
- 1 medium size bulb onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ginger (cut into strips)
- boiled egg (number of egg is up to you)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (OR according to your taste preference)
- 1 liter of water
1. Heat the cooking pan and heat the cooking oil.
2. Saute garlic, bulb onion and ginger. Add the ground pork and stir.
3. Cook the ground pork for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add 1 liter of water. Let it boil.
5. Add the bottle gourd, salt and ground pepper. Boil it for 3 minutes.
6. Add the mee sua and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Check if the noodles is cook and stir it.
8. Garnish green onion before serving. Serve with boiled egg.
For more details, please see the Misua Recipe cooking video below: