Maja Blanca is a popular Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch and sweetener. The Maja Blanca recipe is an all-time occasion dessert recipe, best serve when chilled.
This maja blanca recipe is a combination of the basic ingredients, which is the coconut milk, cornstarch and condensed milk as a sweetener added with creamy sweet corn and garnish with peanuts to make it delectable to eat.
Maja Blanca Ingredients:
- 500 grams coconut milk
- 380 grams sweet corn cream style (in can or in sachet)
- 400 grams condensed milk
- 50 grams crushed roasted or fried peanuts
- ¾ cup of cornstarch diluted in a 1 cup of water.
Note: Sugar is optional. You can add it according to your recipe sweetness preference.
Maja Blanca Cooking Procedures:
- Pour the coconut milk into the cooking pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer and add the condensed milk and sweet corn. Stir occasionally and boil. Do not cover to prevent from overflowing.
- Add the diluted cornstarch and continue to stir for 5-6 minutes or until texture will be creamy. Stirring it will prevent the mixture to stick into the cooking pan.
- Take out from the fire. Immediately place in a container while hot.
- Garnish with peanuts and let it cool down before covering with aluminium foil or any applicable cover.
- Refrigerate the maja blanca before serving.
For more details, please see the Maja Blanca cooking video below: