Lumpia Shanghai is commonly called as spring rolls. This recipe is filled with ground meat (pork or beef), minced carrots and onions, beaten egg and spices. Lumpiang Shanghai is best served with sweet and sour sauce or a tomato/banana ketchup.
Lumpia Shanghai Ingredients:
- 250 grams ground (minced) pork
- 150 grams minced carrots
- 40-50 grams minced green onions
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- Lumpia wrapper or spring rolls wrapper
- 1 small extra egg (beaten) -this is use to close the lumpia wrapper)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Cooking oil for frying
Lumpia Shanghai Cooking Procedures
- Mix all the ingredients except the lumpia wrapper and the small extra egg. Mix it well.
- Separate the wrapper sheet and start putting small portion of mixture or 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Roll it and wipe the extra egg to the tip of the lumpia wrapper before closing.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the lumpia.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil before serving.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or ketchup.
For more details, please see the Chicken Instant Noodles cooking video below: