Inihaw na bangus is a grilled milkfish that has stuffing inside. Bangus is also known as the Philippines National Fish Symbol. It is one of the favourite fish ingredients of most Filipinos. This is also a popular recipe served as pulutan (food taken with alcohol).
This inihaw na bangus recipe has a lot of cooking variations. Some prefer to cook using charcoal or electric grilling pan. Whatever you are using to make it done; the savory taste is still appreciative.
Ingredients / Materials:
- 500 grams boneless milkfish (bangus – clean and slit from the back of the fish up to the tail)
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 4 pcs.green lemon
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon grass
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt (OR according to your taste preference)
- aluminum foil (just enough to cover the fish)
Inihaw na Bangus Cooking Procedures:
1. Wipe the fish with lemon. Mix the onions, garlic tomatoes and salt. Put it inside the milkfish. Put the lemon grass in between the fish.
2. Wrap with aluminum foil.
3. Grill the bangus.
4. Serve the Inihaw na bangus with sauce (soy sauce, vinegar, lemon and chilli). Enjoy!
You might also like: