Fried Pork Belly is a tasty and crispy recipe prepared by putting pork belly into a boil with garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper ; simmer for a while to make the meat tender, then draining the excess liquid to be ready for frying. This recipe is also called as lechon kawali, a deep fried pork belly widely known in Filipino Cuisine.
- 500 grams pork belly
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves with whole kernel pepper
- 200 ml. water (OR enough water to cover the meat)
- cooking oil
Pork Belly Cooking Procedures:
1. Put the pork belly, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves and water into a cooking pot. Bring to boil.
2. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Drain excess water (You can keep the excess water in the refrigerator for your future soup recipes to make). Heat the oil in a cooking pan.
4. Fried the pork belly.
5. Serve the lechon kawali with sauce –> Vinegar with lemon and chilli.
You might also like: