Fish Escabeche is a popular recipe cooked in a sweet and sour sauce. There are lots of variations on how to cook escabeche, usually the fish is fried first before adding the sauces.
This featured recipe is one of the simplest ways on how to cook escabeche.
- 500 grams clean fish (wipe with 1 tsp.salt)
- 1 Tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 30 grams ginger
- 50 grams red bell pepper
- 150 grams carrots
- 115 grams tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- salt and pepper (as needed)
- 200 ml water
- cooking oil (enough for frying)
Escabeche Cooking Procedures:
1. Heat the cooking oil. Fry the fish until golden brown. Set aside when done and take out excess oil.
2. In a clean cooking pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger.
3. Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and carrots. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the fish and simmer for 2 minutes so that the sauce will soak to the fish meat. Flip on both sides.
5. Serve your fish escabeche. Enjoy!
You might also like: