Chicken and Pork Adobo is the soaking of chicken and pork meat to seasonings like soy sauce and vinegar with pepper and garlic. Adobo recipe is one of the National dishes in the Philippines. There are so many variations on how to cook this dish. Some prefer to just boil and simmer it. Some preferred to fry or sauté first before boiling. Some add oyster sauce, sugar to sweeten and add sprite or 7Up and some just stick to basic seasonings.
This Chicken and Pork Adobo recipe is in support for the #CookForFamily event of Food Bloggers initiative. I believed that even in our busy and hectic schedules, it is still best to find time to cook for our family.
Cooking for my family and eating together at home is a great thing to do. This is the best time for the family to be gathered together and this is what I cherished the most.
What makes exciting about this recipe is that whenever I cook this, I need to prepare lot of rice for they love this so much.
Chicken and Pork Adobo Ingredients:
- 400 grams chicken (serving slice)
- 400 grams pork (serving slice)
- 6 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon whole kernel pepper and 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 bay leafs
- 80 ml soy sauce
- 80 ml vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- boiled egg (number of eggs is up to you)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Marinade the meat. Put the chicken and pork in a bowl or any applicable container. Add soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ground pepper. Soak it for one (1) hour and place it to a cool place.
2. After 1 hour, drain the excess liquid of the marinated meat but save it for later use. Heat the oil in a cooking pan and saute pork first for 1 minute, then add the chicken. Saute the meat for 3 minutes.
3. Add the saved liquid that you use to marinate the ingredients. Cover and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Add the sugar, water whole pepper and bayleaf. Boil it but do not cover so that excess liquid evaporates. Simmer it for 20 minutes until meat soften.
5. Add the boiled eggs and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve with rice.