Beef Steak is also popularly known as Bistek in Filipino Cuisine. This recipe doesn’t need to have a lot of ingredients to make it palatable. It is composed of beef meat preferable tenderloin or sirloin, soy sauce, lemon, garlic, onion and green bell pepper.
This is the simplest and easiest way to cook Beef Steak.
Beef Steak Ingredients:
- 500 grams beef meat (tenderloin or sirloin)
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 large white onion bulb (sliced)
- 100 grams green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- cooking oil for frying
1. Marinade beef meat with soy sauce, garlic and lemon for more than an hour. Place it in a cool place.
2. Drain excess liquid of the marinated beef and set aside the liquid.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pan.
4. Fry the beef until brown but do not overcooked. Set aside when done. Take-out extra oil in the cooking pan, this is to be used for sauteing the remaining ingredients.
5. Saute garlic and onions till light brown. (Note: use the garlic that was used to marinate the beef)
6. Add the fried meat, liquid from marinated meat and green bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
For more details, please see the Beef Steak cooking video below: