Baked Ziti Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 carrot (sliced in square form)
- 5 italian sausage (sweet or spicy)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (sliced in small pieces)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 32 oz. tomato sauce or 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 500 grams Ziti Pasta (or other Pasta)
- 2 cups mozzarella or fontina cheese (sliced in square form)
Baked Ziti Cooking Procedures:
1. Slice the sausage. Pour and heat the oil in a wok. Saute the sausage till almost done.
2. Add the onion, garlic & carrot.
3. Add the wine & wait till almost dry. Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, soy sauce and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes. Set aside. (This will serve as your Bake Ziti sauce).
4. Cook the pasta. Follow the package instructions on how to cook. Drain & add the sauce. Mix well.
5. Wipe butter to the container for baking. Put the pasta and sprinkle with mozzarella or fontina cheese.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Baked for 20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted. (Click here to see Farenheit (°F) to Celcius (°C) degree conversion table)